"I’ve done all kinds of online courses and this 40 day awareness challenge is by far the best put together program I’ve ever seen. FAB content. Christopher & Cristina got it goin’ on in the authenticity department. It was a scary proposal for me to dedicate shifting my attention to truth, but now that I am in it, it feels like home. Highly recommend!!!" ~current 2018 participant
Have you been waiting for the right moment?
To put your plan in action. To re-prioritize your life. To build a daily ritual and routine that best serves you. To begin a meditation practice. To deepen your existing practice. To take your health back into your own hands. To discover true community....
The Time Has Come, the new year is here!
The 40 Day Awareness Challenge is a program built to support activation into your best life, in this new year. With the support of dedicated teachers Christopher "Hareesh" Wallis (Ph.D. scholar-practitioner and celebrated meditation teacher) and Cristina Star (Director of TRU and deeply steeped teacher of many wisdom traditions) as well as our passionately driven community, you will be given the tools and resources you need to find and follow the path that is perfectly suited for this unique moment in your life and start 2018 the way you want to: with full awareness and a strong discipline for being your best self.
During this 40 day program, Hareesh and Cristina skillfully guide you to access your own clarity and inner will power. Through daily 10-15 minute videos packed with insights into the spiritual path, worksheets, guided meditations, and a clear path, you will learn potent guidelines for a way of being in the world that is in alignment with your deepest nature. That is the transformation.
"It is hard to express in words what the 40 day awareness challenge has meant and fostered in my spiritual journey and practice. I have felt an immeasurable benefit from daily sits, removing dependencies, and focusing my attention to the teachings of the yamas and niyamas... It was a transformative experience and I feel as though my spiritual practice has been given 'rocket fuel'!"
~ 2015 participant
In The 40 Day Awareness Challenge, You Will:
- Clearly articulate your personal intention for your new year and life
- Commit to a daily meditation practice with the support and tools you need to reap the benefits!
- Access community to super charge your intention and give you energy to act.
- Connect to our group intention, to be engaged positively in the world.
- Fine tune your practice to meet your intention, no matter how much or little experience you have.
- Commit to a daily routine supported by daily videos and teachings (about 1 hr total).
- Experiment with transformational but simple lifestyle and practice guides based on tradition adapted to modern living.
- Learn the 20 Yamas & Niyamas (Restrictions & Observances) from the Nondual Tantrik Yoga Tradition which offer clear time tested guidelines for living a fulfilled life.
"I am so grateful for this offering, for Hareesh and Cristina, and for this community of folks dedicated to unveiling their great hearts. I'd been eyeing TRU's offerings, but wasn't so sure about the online format...as it turns out, the online format was a perfect fit for my current lifestyle! I loved my early morning meditations, followed by tea and satsang with Hareesh or Cristina before my household awoke for the day. This 40 day challenge felt like coming home - to the teachings, to a dedicated meditation practice, and to myself."
~ 2017 participant
What To Expect:
- An intensive, comprehensive program to transform your life in 40 days!
- Daily videos (7-20min) outlining spiritual and practical life practices and teachings, accessible any time after posting for your convenience!
- An overview of the 20 Tantrik Yamas & Niyamas (guidelines for living a fulfilled life) from texts from 12th century India. (Exciting for Yoga Teachers who only know Patanjali's 10!)
- An introduction to traditional ayurvedic dinacharya (daily routines based on the natural cycles intended to promote health) simply adapted to your modern lifestyle needs.
- Guidance on other daily activities including movement, nutrition, dependencies, and dream yoga to deepen your experience.
- Step-by-step worksheets to get clear on your intention and fine tune your sadhana (practice).
- Easy access to all course materials through a beautifully laid-out central website.
- An online forum moderated by experienced students to share experiences, questions, and conversation, and tangibly support our collective intention of connection.
- Two live calls for Q& A with Hareesh & Cristina to address anything and everything that arises.
- New "on the fly" teaching videos based on current events and your shares.
"This 40 Day Challenge was so comprehensive and gave me so much to contemplate. It was beautifully structured and both Hareesh and Cristina offered the teachings in such a clear, humble and compassionate way. Thank you thank you thank you - it truly has taken my sadhana deeper and my experience of the heart is more expansive!"
~ 2015 participant
Watch the First Teaching Video with Hareesh on an effective motive for spiritual practice. if you like this, there's 40 more...
"I couldn't come up with questions faster than Hareesh answered them. The synchronicity has been uncanny! He speaks directly and poetically to everything I've been grappling with for decades. For once, I'm speechless with trying to absorb all that's been offered and the depth of teachings in this course."
~ 2017 participant
Is this program right for you?
Our 40 Day Challenge curriculum has been specifically designed to benefit every level practitioner, from beginner to advanced, who is hungry for their own growth and prepared to do the work. A wide range of practices, teachings, and lifestyle initiations are offered so you may choose your own depth of experience.
- Exploring students may learn the fundamentals of a daily practice and the codes of lifestyle sourced from the yoga traditions, all with the support of the faculty and online community.
- Deepening students can uncover new layers of their practice by using the guidelines of the container more rigorously, diving into bonus materials, always returning to "beginner's mind."
- This course is also designed to be taken repeatedly by past participants or those who have completed an Immersion, as an annual reset and re-connection to the practices and the kula.
So ... What are you waiting for?
Take the Challenge!
- Course runs January 15- February 23, 2018
- Website access: January 8- March 3, 2018
- Registration closes January 23, 2018
- Early Bird only $245 before January 1st, 2018. Register by 11:59p PT.
- After early bird: $299 all inclusive (less than your daily latte)
- Payment plans available as an option at checkout
- Partial Scholarships available- Apply Here
- 25% off for previous 40 Day Participants (check your email from 12/27 for that code)
Because this program is really great with friends, and because we believe strongly in sharing the transformative power of this program, we proudly host an affiliate program where you can earn cash for every referral, with no limits. You get 20% for every person who signs up through your link- thats $59 on full price tuition! For every five people, you get an additional $50. So if you refer 5 people, you not only paid for your own course, but made $50 and have a rad community of friends to practice with! Additional referrals are gravy! Win Win Win!
This whole process is automated, and you don't even have to be enrolled in the course to earn the money (You do need to have taken at least one course from TRU though, we want to make sure you know what you are sharing).
Exact details for how to do this will be listed here by January 1st, as we get all the nuts and bolts perfected for you! Register today for the course and you will get an email about it!
Seriously, this is exciting!
Are you a yoga teacher? In previous years we offered special discounts to yoga teachers in exchange for referrals, however we found that unfortunately that was being abused. So this year, this referral program is here in place of that. We do work with certain affiliates and provide higher elite %'s and discounts for partners who can demonstrate a strong mutual benefit. If you would like to be considered to be a partner email email@example.com.
"This is the 2nd time I took this course and I have noticed a huge difference in my ability to receive information and let things flow more easily... My whole experience this time was so much more relaxed (committed still but relaxed)... I can't wait to do the course next year and look forward to participating with other courses later this year. Thank you Hareesh and Cristina for holding the space for everyone this time again."
~ 2017 participant
Meet The Teachers:
With 27 years of experience and a PhD in eastern philosophy, Hareesh is well qualified to be the primary guide for you on this journey. In addition to the core wisdom teachings, he offers tips, inspiration, and sharing previously unpublished translations of practical Tantrik teachings.
There are few teachers who can guide a student through a rigorous yet lucid philosophical examination of the fabric of reality while inspiring, uplifting, and offering a clear path to their goals. A scholar and author with three advanced degrees from Oxford and UC Berkeley in Religion, Sanskrit, and Yoga Philosophy, Dr Wallis is a rare gem who has also received traditional training in ashrams. He also wrote two books on yoga philosophy, has been featured in multiple podcasts, has an active blog, Gaia TV show, and loves Doctor Who.
Cristina Star is the owner/CEO of TRU Education and has over 20 years of meditation, yoga, and mindful living experience. In addition to designing and producing this course, she plays a supportive teaching role. She shares teachings and insights that encompass feminine principled aspects of the practice, such as dreaming, lifestyle, rhythm, and movement. Discipline is totally her thing and she can give you tips and tricks for making just about any transformation you want with self-love and as much ease as is possible.
Before starting TRU in 2014 she earned degree in Physics from UC Berkeley, worked for Lawrence Berkeley Labs in both the Physics and Geochemistry divisions, with The Space Sciences Lab managing a small telescope array on Mount Wilson for a Nobel Laureate, and left a PhD program in 2009 to pursue the path of self-actualization full time.
A true multi-potentialite, she considers her greatest talent healing, but also loves Spartan Races, ink drawing, ridiculously healthy gourmet cooking and everything about #beinghealthy.
Hareesh and Cristina have been working together offering development programs since 2010 through the Mattamayura Institute and TRU.
"Though we've never all been in one room together, I've felt a real sense of camaraderie and common purpose with all the other participants that has pulled me through some dark (and cold! and snowy!) weeks in very high spirits. This program was about the best kickoff a new year could possibly have."
Or you could read another couple testimonials...
"Last year the daily videos I saw made a lasting impact on my life, so am starting the 2018 40 day challenge with Hareesh and Cristina Star soon and I'm looking forward to new depths of learning." ~student that just signed up
"This has been an invaluable experience for me. The daily practice of watching the daily video, journaling, and meditation deepened my practice. I really appreciated the fasting information and, Cristina's personal support and wisdom regarding fasting and epilepsy. The wisdom of the readings, the timeliness of the practices in the videos, the support in setting intention and choosing some key things to give up ... all of this helped me to stay with the whole 40 day practice and I feel focused on continuing this practice. While I am familiar with Patanjali and the sutras, I am now drawn to deepen my knowledge of tantrik yoga practices, as they have deepened my yoga practice. I was able to share pieces of this wisdom with my yoga students who really valued the teachings (as best I was able share parts of them!). One of my students perhaps summed up this experience the best for me. She asked me after class "What are you doing in your practice right now? You seem seem very centered and very healthy right now." As someone with epilepsy who struggles with seizures, this was true. The optional fasting, daily meditation, and especially the work with the energy body has been so valuable!
So thank you, Hareesh and Cristina. I am humbled and honored to have been a part of this experience, and I look forward to continuing to deepen my study and practice. Namaste."
~ 2017 participant
Questions direct to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720.364.9452
Fine Print: For enrollment cancellation, refunds available (minus $15 processing fee) with cancellation prior to January 7. No refunds after the start of class due to cancellation, however, we stand behind all our classes 100% so if you engage fully with the materials are not satisfied with the content or results, we will certainly give you a full refund.
All our best for you in this New Year!